Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Driving + 1st day of sewing challenge

Salam everyone..

Yesterday I had my second driving lesson. My instructor let me drive the car home from the driving school, let me tell you that I've never drove a car outside of the school ever and I am sooo awkward on the road. Of course it was only my second lesson so the instructor had to give step-by-step instructions of what to do next, when to press the clutch, when to change the gear, when to slow down, when to go faster. I have no idea how I'm going to pass the JPJ test. I could ask my Abang to teach me but he's so busy with his job and his daytime naps. I guess I'll just have to steal his car keys and go out myself.

No, not really. I wouldn't.

Moving on. Confession. In the previous post, I said I wanted to do a 20-day sewing challenge which I meant to start yesterday. But, I had a driving lesson yesterday and since I was so tired after my first lesson I knew I was gonna be worn out when I got home. Therefore, I decided to make the project 1 day in advanced.


Here it is, my first project for my sewing challenge which I posted on my showcase blog, Just aYan's, last night. I realised that many of the things I've sewn have very complicated designs with multiple compartments here and there, which some people may like. But that would mean it requires a lot more fancy fabric and more bag hardware, thus leading to a more expensive price. Then again, if I was to make the simplest bag with no extra compartments out of solid colour fabric it would look too plain. So for this bag, I decided to go with minimalism. It is a simple tote with just a little bit of print for prettiness and colour blocking to lose the 'too plain' look. And it costs so much less! Thank you colour blocking!! :DD

If you'd like to see the details of this bag, here it is 
http://justayans.blogspot.com/2013/01/simple-book-tote-made-with-kensington.html

That's all today, off to work on my next sewing project.

xoxo

  Photobucket

No comments: